News near us
Channel Title: BBC News - North West Wales
- Delay to £20m estuary road bridge A new £20m bridge over the Dwyryd estuary in Gwynedd will not open to traffic until next year.
- Seabirds face 'triple whammy' threat Extreme weather, threats from predators and disturbance by people are taking their toll on sea bird populations in Wales, warns the National Trust.
- Improve crime recording, police told North Wales Police is criticised for failing to record some reports of violence and sexual assault as crimes, with the Gwent force also urged to improve procedures.
- Pier docking ceremony hit by weather Strong winds prevented the long awaited return of boats docking at the end of Llandudno Pier following the revamp of its landing stage.
- DNA bid to solve mystery over body Police hope new techniques can help them to identify a woman whose body was discovered in the sea off north Wales in 1980 and solve a missing person's case.